Wow, what a day.
As a lot of other communities are starting to wind down or change directions, our little community here is beginning to thrive.
We’ve come so far in such a short time. There are some who have done it faster, some who have gone further, and so so many who have never even made it to where we are right now, but this channel and this community are a part of my day every day now, and I’m always happy to log in and talk to you.
Thank you all for 10,000 subscribers. It’s an amazing milestone, we’re in 5 digits and working our way towards even bigger and grander things. E3 is just over the horizon, and more opportunities will (hopefully) stem from it to help grow this community into something people flock to by the thousands.
Thank you for all of your well wishes on our Discord Server (feel free to join if you haven’t yet), as well as on Twitter and the channel itself.
What am I doing as far as celebration? I’ll be announcing something fun on today’s Unfiltered Podcast. Hopefully it will be worthwhile for the accomplishment. Don’t miss that.
Here’s some interesting facts about the number 10,000, straight from wikipedia:
- In anatomy, each neuron in the human brain is estimated to connect to 10,000 others.
- In astronomy,
- In climate, Summary of 10,000 Years is one of several pages of the Climate Timeline Tool: Exploring Weather & Climate Change Through the Powers of 10 sponsored by the National Climatic Data Center of the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration.
- In computers, NASA built a 10,000-processor Linux computer (it is actually a 10,240-processor) called Columbia
- In geography,
- Land of 10,000 Lakes is the nickname for the state of Minnesota.
- Land of 10,000 Trails or 10000trails.com was originally created in 1999 by the TN/KY Lakes Area Coalition. This organization is made up of individuals in West Tennessee and West Kentucky, who have an interest in seeing tourism grow by developing trails throughout their region. 
- Ten Thousand Islands National Wildlife Refuge is situated in the lower end of the Fakahatchee and Picayune Strands of Big Cypress Swamp and west of Everglades National Park in Florida. 
- Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes in Alaska
- Although there is no ZIP Code 10000 in the US, if there were, it would be in New York City, as ZIP codes 10001-11694 are.
- In geology, a list of Largest Volcanic Eruptions in the Last 10,000 Years 
- In physics,
- Myria- (and myrio-) is an obsolete metric prefix that denoted a factor of 10+4, ten thousand, or 10,000.
- 10,000 hertz, 10 kilohertz, or 10 kHz of the radio frequency spectrum falls in the very low frequency or VLF band and has a wavelength of 30 kilometres.
- In orders of magnitude (speed), the speed of a fast neutron is 10,000 km/s
- In orders of magnitude (volume), the volume of 10,000 cubic kilometres or 10,000 km3 equals 1 × 1013 m3. Lake Superior contains 12,232 cubic kilometres (km3) or 2,935 cubic miles of water.
- In scientific units,
- 10,000 square metres is one hectare
- In zoology, there are approximately 10,000 species of birds.
Also, make sure to check out The Store for some new TShirt Designs to celebrate the occasion, including the new “What’s Up?” Tee!
Okay, that’s it for me, see you tonight for the podcast!